Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Organic Sculptures

A found sculpture
 During my recent trip to Maine, we discovered an out of the way area at the top of a very high mountain where you could see for 360 degrees around you.  It was a gorgeous view.  One of the interesting things about the site was all these little rock sculptures that people had assembled in the low ground cover along the parking area as well as in some of the clearings.  I wish I had taken more photos to share with you but here are a few.  Everywhere you looked were these small flat geometric rocks that could easily stack into towers.  We gathered a handful with little effort.
My sculpture

Our group sculpture

Wonder what you might find on your summer adventures that  you might could use to build a natural sculpture?  Check next time you are at the beach or hiking along the trails or even out in your backyard!!  Build you own sculpture and if you can, take a picture of it OR draw it.  I'd love for you to share what you make with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment